Source : coinspeaker.com
With the recent mainstream adoption of blockchain technology and its use cases like DeFi and NFTs, it is no surprise that 15 of crypto’s leaders are on the list.
Forbes has announced its 2022 30 under 30 list for North America and 15 of them are from the crypto industry. Contrary to what the name implies, the list typically has a total of 600 individuals 30 and younger who have excelled in 20 fields ranging from science, finance, technology and entertainment.
— Forbes (@Forbes) December 1, 2021
- Boston natives Caroline Ellison and Sam Trabucco Co-CEOs of Alameda Research.
- Software developer and OpenSea Co-founder Alex Atallah is also on the list. OpenSea is currently the largest NFT marketplace and has processed about $3 billion in monthly volume in the past three months.
- Clinton Bembry founded Slingshot, a portal to DeFi trading platforms like Uniswap in September last year. He is a University of Minnesota graduate with a degree in computer science and founder of crypto hedge Toshint Capital.
- Antonio Juliano is the founder of the crypto derivatives trading platform dYdX. The platform is used by traders outside the US and has a daily trading volume of about $2 billion.
- Edge and Node cofounder Tegan Kline also made the list. Recruited fresh out of college by Bank of America, Tegan went on to join Ethereum VPN Orchid. She also raised $22.5 million for The Graph to build an open-source tool for developers and later co-founded Edge and Node to help monetize the project.
- Elena Nadolinski is the founder of Iron Fish, which started out with the goal of creating a privacy-protecting cryptocurrency but has branched into privacy-protecting tech that can be applied to any cryptocurrency.
- Roneil Rumburg is the cofounder of Audius, a platform that allows music artists to create personalized business models using cryptography. The platform currently has 100,000 artists.
- Ophelia Snyder is the cofounder of 21Shares, a company that provides physically-backed crypto ETPs. the company has over $2.5 billion in assets under management.
- Brian Tubergen is the founder of CoinList, an investment platform for crypto projects to raise money and investors to trade the projects’ crypto.
- Digital artist Emily Yang is a cofounder at pplpleasr. She incorporates the use of NFTs in her work and earlier this year sold a DeFi animation for over half a million to create the Stand With Asians Community Fund.
- Michael Ippolito and Jason Yanowitz are the cofounders of Blockworks, a digital assets news site that has come to be known as “the Bloomberg for crypto”. The site was launched in 2018 and now has one of the most listened to crypto podcasts worldwide, a daily newsletter, and expected revenue of $10 million this year.
The number of crypto leaders this year increased by five, owing to wider crypto acceptance. This seems to be a trend as seven crypto founders featured on the Australian Financial Review’s list of richest entrepreneurs 40 and under and Forbes’ April 2021 list of richest billionaires included 13 crypto leaders, a threefold increase from last year.
Mercy Mutanya is a Tech enthusiast, Digital Marketer, Writer and IT Business Management Student.
She enjoys reading, writing, doing crosswords and binge-watching her favourite TV series.