source : cryptopotato.com
Christophe De Beukelaer, a Brussels Member of Parliament, has decided to follow the example set out by two US mayors and convert his salary to BTC. However, he will take it up a notch by having his entire 2022 income in the form of the primary cryptocurrency.
- According to a recent media coverage, Christophe De Beukelaer has pledged to convert his entire 2022 salary as a Brussels deputy (5,500 euros per month) in bitcoin, which he described as “digital gold.”
- He will be able to do so following a partnership with a Belgium cryptocurrency company called Bit4You.
“Through this action, I want to demonstrate my confidence in a financial world in the making, a more transparent financial world, more accessible in the sense that it is decentralized. It is not run by a few people who decide to print more or less banknotes without any parliamentary control or debate.” – he commented.
- He also outlined some of the most worrying issues of today’s financial landscape, such as the excess amount of fiat currency printing by central banks and the subsequent inflation.
- He also urged his home country to be more active in adopting cryptocurrencies and their underlying technology – blockchain, saying he doesn’t want Belgium to “miss the train.”
- De Beukelaer said he will be the first European politician to convert his salary to BTC. However, this has already been done across the pond.
- As CryptoPotato reported, Miami’s pro-bitcoin mayor was the first to do so. Later on, the newly-elected mayor of New York City, Eric Adams, took it a step further. He wants to have three checks converted into bitcoin (and ether).
Featured Image Courtesy of Le Capitale